In human studies conducted by third parties, activation of the FOXO3 gene has been linked to decreased inflammation and aging.
- Activation of anti-inflammatory, anti-aging gene FOXO3 promotes longevity in humans:
- Replicated in >20 independent studies
- Confers CVD protective benefit (p=0.001)
- Decreases inflammation (CRP, trend; TNF-α, p=0.018)
In animal studies conducted by third parties and us, astaxanthin statistically significantly decreased activated the FOXO3 gene and extended lifespan:
- FOXO3 mRNA levels increased in mice by 90% (p=0.024)
- Lifespan extended by up to 30% via FOXO3 ortholog DAF16 in roundworms